Connecting communities to a world of knowledge
Sheep River Library will enhance our communities by providing access to resources for life-long learning
- Working with input from program partners and community groups, volunteer teachers, and individuals, we will expand the reference and support materials annually.
- Expand the Local History Collection to preserve local history documents that have been donated, in a permanent and usable format.
- Expand the availability of program related equipment for patron usage.
- Host one of the special interest travelling book displays once a year.
- Support and encourage collaboration with organizations and agencies in the provision of classes.
- Explore community resources for additional educational programs; repeat popular sessions, find new options on a continual basis. Solicit feedback from patrons verbally, through surveys, and event/course evaluations.
- Continue hosting the Annual Out Loud Series in October of each year, comprised of author talks for adults and children, musical and/or theatrical performances, and workshops.
- Expand and review a calendar of special events for the Library that will become a standard of annual activities for which the library is known community-wide.
- Develop the Podcast Recording space by the end of 2022.
- Staff and Board will continue the strategies for print-based and electronic marketing including brochures, posters, signage, newspapers and webpage, and social media.
- Put covers on the outside signs to protect messaging from vandalism by the end of 2022.
- Continue to participate in community activities and festivals.
- Regularly monitor bulletin boards so that they are interesting, stimulating and current.
- Each trustee will seek out opportunities, both formal and informal, in the community to advocate for the library.
- Continue the volunteer recruitment support services and appreciation.
- Identify cost and implementation requirements for special projects and investigate grant and project support available. Continue the collaboration with Friends of the Sheep River Library and strive for improved communications.
- Work with the two towns regarding the Amalgamation into one municipality in January 2023.
- Create a pandemic policy by mid 2023.
- Mark the 40th anniversary of the library in the spring of 2023 with an open house and celebration.
- Sheep River Library will be in compliance with the Marigold IT document.
- Continue on-going staff, Board and volunteer training in the use of various e-resources.
- Establish regular sessions for patrons to receive instruction in the use of e-resources provided by Marigold Library System and use of new hardware.
- Install Solar panels in conjunction with the Foothills Energy Co-op by the end of 2023.
- Provide more programs via Zoom in conjunction with in-person attendance for vulnerable patrons who cannot enter a public space.