Connecting communities to a world of knowledge
Sheep River Library will enhance our communities by providing access to resources for life-long learning
- Working with input from program partners and community groups, volunteer teachers, and individuals, we will expand the reference and support materials annually.
- Establish the collection to preserve local history as it relates to oil and gas, ranching and the Cowboy Trail.
- Continue the magazine donor program, expand selection titles by 10% annually, and encourage patrons to use e-resources for magazines.
- Expand the availability of program related equipment for patron usage.
- Expand the library's permanent art collection.
- Support and encourage collaboration with organizations and agencies in the provision of classes.
- Explore community resources for additional educational programs; repeat popular sessions, find new options on a continual basis. Solicit feedback from patrons verbally, through surveys, and event/course evaluations.
- Expand and review a calendar of special events for the Library that will become a standard of annual activities for which the library is known community-wide.
- Develop new and interesting Maker Spaces annually to enhance hands-on experiential learning.
- To maintain and improve safety and service, the staff, volunteers and Board will receive:
- First Aid training and recertification as required bi-annually.
- Training on fire extinguishers, defibrillators and the security system.
- Staff and Board will develop a written schedule of strategies for print-based and electronic marketing including brochures, Foothills Continuing Education Council (FCEC), posters, signage, newspapers and webpage, and annually conduct an efficiency evaluation.
- Staff will develop a social media marketing strategy using Facebook while continuing to explore any new and relevant social marketing tools.
- Staff will develop an email list of patrons by using the Library Aware program.
- Fundraise for outdoor electronic signage with installation by 2017.
- Continue to participate in community activities and festivals.
- Regular monitoring of bulletin boards so that they are interesting, stimulating and current.
- Each trustee will seek out opportunities, both formal and informal, in the community to advocate for the library.
- Expand upon volunteer recruitment support services and appreciation.
- Initiate regular volunteer/staff meetings to facilitate collaboration, respect, support and safety.
- Identify cost and implementation requirements for special projects and investigate grant and project support available. Continue the collaboration with Friends of the Sheep River Library and strive for improved communications.
- Annually review and update the volunteer donor recognition signage.
- Board, manager and Town of Turner Valley will develop a business continuity plan to be followed in the event of an unforeseen prolonged facility closure.
- Encourage continuous education and training opportunities for staff, volunteers and Board members including workshops, conferences and courses.Sheep River Library will be in compliance with the Marigold IT document.
- Sheep River Library will be in compliance with the Marigold IT document.
- Sheep River Library will explore and implement videoconferencing programs that are available to our community and increase participation in these events by 25% annually.
- Continue on-going staff, Board and volunteer training in the use of various e-resources.
- Establish regular sessions for patrons to receive instruction in the use of e-resources provided by Marigold Library System and use of new hardware.